DISCLAIMER: None of the information I share on this site is my own. I simply try to collect the best rumors and information I feel applies to a given day’s news and information that I hear or read about the "New Iraqi Dinar". Those I do speak with, I trust. So, any personal phone calls that I share on the blog, I have reason to believe they are sincere in their intent, and I believe they are in some way connected to those who do know what is going on. As for myself, I am connected to no “source”, just to those who tell me they are. I will never reveal a “contact” of mine, or their “source” for the purpose of giving more grounds or proof of their claims. Just take everything as a rumor and allow it to reveal itself over time. I have no hidden agenda for posting what I deem to be worthy reading. I’m just trying to make this difficult ride easier to follow for my family, friends, acquaintances, and anyone they deem to share this site with. I wish you all the very best! I hope this ride will end soon. It has definitely taken its toll… – Dinar Daddy

Sunday, January 24, 2010

ANNUAL INFLATION RATE DROPS BY 4.4% IN 2009

January 24, 2010 - 08:20:01

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq:
Iraq’s annual inflation rate index fell by 4.4 percent from December 2008-December 2009, the Central Agency for Statistics and Information Technology said on Sunday.

“The fall is attributed to a drop in the prices of cloth, clothes and footwear; furniture; fuel and lighting; transport cost; and medical services and medicines by 4.0%, 3.2%, 41.0%, 6.6, and 3.7% respectively,” according to a statement released by the agency and received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.


Meanwhile, the statement reported an increase in the average price of the following consumer goods and services: foodstuffs (2.6%), cigarettes and beverages (6.0%), varied goods and services (6.6%), and rent fees (9.3%) during the same period.

The report is based on field data about the retail prices of goods and services in local markets in Baghdad and other Iraqi provinces.

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=125752

No comments: