DISCLAIMER: None of the information I share on this site is my own. I simply try to collect the best rumors and information I feel applies to a given day’s news and information that I hear or read about the "New Iraqi Dinar". Those I do speak with, I trust. So, any personal phone calls that I share on the blog, I have reason to believe they are sincere in their intent, and I believe they are in some way connected to those who do know what is going on. As for myself, I am connected to no “source”, just to those who tell me they are. I will never reveal a “contact” of mine, or their “source” for the purpose of giving more grounds or proof of their claims. Just take everything as a rumor and allow it to reveal itself over time. I have no hidden agenda for posting what I deem to be worthy reading. I’m just trying to make this difficult ride easier to follow for my family, friends, acquaintances, and anyone they deem to share this site with. I wish you all the very best! I hope this ride will end soon. It has definitely taken its toll… – Dinar Daddy

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

WHITE HOUSE URGES KURDS TO SETTLE THEIR DISPUTES WITH BAGHDAD

Kurdistan Leader Massoud Barzani During a Meeting with U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates

White House urges Kurds to settle their disputes with Baghdad


WASHINGTON (Reuters): The United States urged on Tuesday leaders of the semi-autonomous Kurdistan region in northern Iraq to resolve their disputes over borders and oil revenues with Baghdad and support the elections scheduled for Iraq on the seventh of March.

Clinton said U.S. Secretary of State will raise these points when she meets with Massoud Barzani, president of the Kurdistan Regional Government in northern Iraq for talks on Tuesday aimed at preventing tensions between Arabs and Kurds to undermine Iraq's stability.
It is feared that the Kurds are trying to Arab national government in Baghdad reduction of de facto independence that they enjoy since the Gulf War in 1991, immediately after the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

Seeks U.S. President Barack Obama to end the hostilities in Iraq by 31 August 2010 before a full withdrawal by the end of 2011. Clinton told officials of the U.S. State Department before meeting with Barzani, it Stdaoh "to work for a peaceful solution on some of the disputed border, particularly around Kirkuk and support of the elections."

At a time in which the U.S. support for the security of the Kurds, "Clinton said," We expect that the Kurdish leadership played an important role in the quest to achieve stability in Iraq and to work with Sunni and Shiite leadership for the benefit of the entire country. "Barzani, speaking before the start of their meeting, told reporters it seemed he was trying to allay U.S. concerns, saying, "I would also like to assure you, Madam Secretary, we are committed to a democratic Iraq within a federal framework."

And called on Clinton earlier in the meeting with the staff of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the settlement of border disputes over Kirkuk and the surrounding area, which contributes one fifth of Iraq's production of oil in addition to sharing revenues from oil production.

Clinton said "Adoption of an oil revenue law, for example, is very important for all Iraqis, all Iraqis will benefit if it is completed."

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://www.darabeen.com/index.asp%3Ffname%3D/2010/01/01-26/2010-1-26-23-8-44.htm%26dismode%3Dx%26ts%3D26/01/2010%252011:14:21%2520%25E3&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnahrain.com%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGLL_enUS347US347&rurl=translate.google.com

No comments: