DISCLAIMER: None of the information I share on this site is my own. I simply try to collect the best rumors and information I feel applies to a given day’s news and information that I hear or read about the "New Iraqi Dinar". Those I do speak with, I trust. So, any personal phone calls that I share on the blog, I have reason to believe they are sincere in their intent, and I believe they are in some way connected to those who do know what is going on. As for myself, I am connected to no “source”, just to those who tell me they are. I will never reveal a “contact” of mine, or their “source” for the purpose of giving more grounds or proof of their claims. Just take everything as a rumor and allow it to reveal itself over time. I have no hidden agenda for posting what I deem to be worthy reading. I’m just trying to make this difficult ride easier to follow for my family, friends, acquaintances, and anyone they deem to share this site with. I wish you all the very best! I hope this ride will end soon. It has definitely taken its toll… – Dinar Daddy

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ADAM MONTANA POST - Dinar Speculation 1/25/10

FINALLY some good news for us Dinar Currency speculators! I’m extremely interested to hear what the number crunchers in the crowd are going to have to say about this one, for several reasons. The Iraqi federal budget has been held up by debates for several weeks, primarily for political reasons.

I mentioned months ago that the budget was going to be a big issue, and not for economic reasons… for political reasons. Political reasons such as Prime Minister Maliki’s upcoming electoral opponents wanted to make sure he was not able to use any state resources to fund his March 7 election campaign… the plot thickens, as always!

After what seems like a hundred years of sissy-footing around, the Iraqi parliament passed a 2010 federal budget earlier today (Tuesday January 26 2010) that puts federal spending at $72.4 billion (84.7 trillion Iraqi Dinars). The budget also sets a deficit this year of $19.6 billion (22.9 trillion Iraqi Dinars).

Iraqi government income is estimated at about 62 trillion Iraqi Dinars ($53 billion), 95% of which is from crude oil exports. Here’s where the number crunching comments should start: Iraq’s current and projected crude oil exports.

Also of note, the approved budget allows Iraq to seek a $4.5 billion arrangement with the IMF. This has been discussed before, and several times the IMF loans have fallen by the wayside. A trend I have noticed, however, is that when the IMF loan falls through, sometime in the near future an agreement is reached with one country or another that Iraq owes money to. Some debt is forgiven, investment opportunities are arranged for the country that forgives the debt, and Iraq walks away with a stronger foundation upon which to build a secure and financially successful future.

I’ll be keeping an eye on things, stay tuned!

-Adam Montana

No comments: