DISCLAIMER: None of the information I share on this site is my own. I simply try to collect the best rumors and information I feel applies to a given day’s news and information that I hear or read about the "New Iraqi Dinar". Those I do speak with, I trust. So, any personal phone calls that I share on the blog, I have reason to believe they are sincere in their intent, and I believe they are in some way connected to those who do know what is going on. As for myself, I am connected to no “source”, just to those who tell me they are. I will never reveal a “contact” of mine, or their “source” for the purpose of giving more grounds or proof of their claims. Just take everything as a rumor and allow it to reveal itself over time. I have no hidden agenda for posting what I deem to be worthy reading. I’m just trying to make this difficult ride easier to follow for my family, friends, acquaintances, and anyone they deem to share this site with. I wish you all the very best! I hope this ride will end soon. It has definitely taken its toll… – Dinar Daddy

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2010 BUDGET APPROVED

PUKmedia 26-01-2010 17:46:49

The Iraqi parliament on Tuesday passed a 2010 budget that sets federal spending at 84.7 trillion Iraqi dinars (around $72.4 billion) and a deficit for this year of 22.9 trillion dinars ($19.6 billion), a lawmaker said.

The deficit amounted to 27 percent of total spending and was to be financed with surpluses from previous years and also through domestic and external borrowing, the budget law said.

“The parliament has approved today the budget of 2010,” said Kurdish member of parliament, Sami al-Atrushi, a member of the chamber’s finance committee.

The budget law includes authorization for Iraq to seek a $4.5 billion financing arrangement with the International Monetary Fund and contemplates $2 billion in financing by the World Bank.

The total income of the Iraqi government was estimated to reach 61.7 trillion dinars ($52.8 billion). The oil producing country relies on crude exports for more than 95 percent of government revenue.

Passage of the budget was held up for weeks by negotiations over additional spending.

-Reuters-

http://pukmedia.com/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=877:iraqi-parliament-approves-724-bln-2010-budget&catid=25:iraq&Itemid=386

No comments: