DISCLAIMER: None of the information I share on this site is my own. I simply try to collect the best rumors and information I feel applies to a given day’s news and information that I hear or read about the "New Iraqi Dinar". Those I do speak with, I trust. So, any personal phone calls that I share on the blog, I have reason to believe they are sincere in their intent, and I believe they are in some way connected to those who do know what is going on. As for myself, I am connected to no “source”, just to those who tell me they are. I will never reveal a “contact” of mine, or their “source” for the purpose of giving more grounds or proof of their claims. Just take everything as a rumor and allow it to reveal itself over time. I have no hidden agenda for posting what I deem to be worthy reading. I’m just trying to make this difficult ride easier to follow for my family, friends, acquaintances, and anyone they deem to share this site with. I wish you all the very best! I hope this ride will end soon. It has definitely taken its toll… – Dinar Daddy

Monday, January 11, 2010

USA CUSTOMS: TRAVELING WITH YOUR DINARS - Neno's Place

Hello everyone, as I live in Australia, I had my Hubby stay up all night so he could ring US Customs and talk to them about bringing more than $10,000 into the America. The Customs Officer told him that America had no limits on the amount of $$ you could bring in. They also said to advise Customs Officers as you are going through Customs that you have more than USD $10,000. They will then take you into a private room (This is for our security, away from prying eyes) where together you and them will go through and count the money and confirm the amounts.

Customs Officer also said that you are required to complete a FinCEN Form 105 (REPORT OF INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION OF CURRENCY OR MONETARY INSTRUMENTS)

Here is a link to the PDF http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/pub/irs-pdf/ffc105.pdf

You can fill out the form prior to arriving so it saves you a bit of time.Then you will be on your way. On a side note, my hubby also mentioned that he had all the receipts from when he bought the dinars still which he was going to take as evidence of how he came to hold them, and they seemed happy with this.

So you can confirm here is the phone number to US Customs and their web site. US Customs International Caller – (703) 526-4200.

Just a quick note here also. My Hubby had to ring 2 times to get the operator. First he went through the recorded messages. The second time he said he pressed 0 a few times then went into a queue to speak to Customs Officer.

US Customs website http://www.cbp.gov/

US Customs Contact Page http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/c...er_service.xml

I hope this help clear up some concerns about traveling to America with Dinars

No comments: