DISCLAIMER: None of the information I share on this site is my own. I simply try to collect the best rumors and information I feel applies to a given day’s news and information that I hear or read about the "New Iraqi Dinar". Those I do speak with, I trust. So, any personal phone calls that I share on the blog, I have reason to believe they are sincere in their intent, and I believe they are in some way connected to those who do know what is going on. As for myself, I am connected to no “source”, just to those who tell me they are. I will never reveal a “contact” of mine, or their “source” for the purpose of giving more grounds or proof of their claims. Just take everything as a rumor and allow it to reveal itself over time. I have no hidden agenda for posting what I deem to be worthy reading. I’m just trying to make this difficult ride easier to follow for my family, friends, acquaintances, and anyone they deem to share this site with. I wish you all the very best! I hope this ride will end soon. It has definitely taken its toll… – Dinar Daddy

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Presidential Board OKs Election Law

December 9, 2009 - 02:46:59
BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraqi Presidential Board (PB) has approved the amendment to the election law no. 16 of the year 2005, a presidential statement said on Wednesday.

During an emergency session convened 10 minutes before a midnight deadline on Sunday (Dec. 6), Iraqi parliamentarians approved the first amendment to the country’s election law, increasing the number of seats to 325 in next year’s election.

The vote followed intensive talks with political bloc leaders and meetings with the U.S. ambassador in Baghdad, Christopher Hill, and United Nations officials. Political bloc heads were seeking solutions to the controversial electoral law in an attempt to appease all parties.

On Nov. 23, the Iraqi Parliament voted in favor of two proposals that had been submitted by political bloc leaders. The first proposal stipulates that voters outside Iraq should be able to vote for candidates in their own provinces, as if they were still at home. The second states that populations in Iraqi provinces, which act as constituencies, should be based on food ration data from 2005, when the last polls were held. An increase rate of 2.8 percent per year will be added.

Efforts by the Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) to hold the election on January 18 were hampered after Sunni Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi had vetoed the law, ordering it back to the Parliament.

SS (S)/SR


http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=123235

No comments: