DISCLAIMER: None of the information I share on this site is my own. I simply try to collect the best rumors and information I feel applies to a given day’s news and information that I hear or read about the "New Iraqi Dinar". Those I do speak with, I trust. So, any personal phone calls that I share on the blog, I have reason to believe they are sincere in their intent, and I believe they are in some way connected to those who do know what is going on. As for myself, I am connected to no “source”, just to those who tell me they are. I will never reveal a “contact” of mine, or their “source” for the purpose of giving more grounds or proof of their claims. Just take everything as a rumor and allow it to reveal itself over time. I have no hidden agenda for posting what I deem to be worthy reading. I’m just trying to make this difficult ride easier to follow for my family, friends, acquaintances, and anyone they deem to share this site with. I wish you all the very best! I hope this ride will end soon. It has definitely taken its toll… – Dinar Daddy

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

MINISTER OF FINANCE RECEIVED WORLD BANK VICE PRESIDENT

Received the Minister of Finance Baqir al-Zubaidi, World Bank Vice President Shamshad selection and her entourage, which included World Bank Country Director for the Middle East Hadi Arab And Director of the World Bank in Iraq, John Wehbe In the presence of Advisor Finance Minister Aziz Jaafar.

A media source in the ministry for the (News Agency Iraqi media / conscious) that he also discussed economic and financial relations between Iraq and the World Bank and ways to enhance them to achieve advancement of financial and economic institutions of Iraq and benefit from the experience bank's staff to set up specialized courses for staff and access to financial support for the advancement of projects in support of the mission in Iraq.

The minister stressed that the return of Iraq to cooperate with international financial institutions have made economic gains in Iraq allowed him to restore cooperation with Iraq and the international integration of financial institutions in the international community and contribute in extinguishing the debt under the terms of the Paris Club and the achievement of important achievements in terms of improving the financial and banking work in Iraq.

For its part, praised Shamshad improvements in the Ministry of Finance and the considerable efforts made to achieve balance in 2010 and successful economic policy of the Ministry of Finance, which Iraq spared the negative effects of the global financial crisis and the desire of the President of the World Bank to support Iraq in all fields, especially "in the field of training, rehabilitation and support strategic projects in it.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://al-iraqnews.net/new/siaysiah/50834.html&rurl=translate.google.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The World Bank has a press release related to this visit which gives a little more detail that I thought you might like to see. Thanks again for all your hard work!!

First Visit to Iraq of Shamshad Akhtar, World Bank Regional Vice President for Middle East and North Africa Region

http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/MENAEXT/IRAQEXTN/0,,contentMDK:22445115~menuPK:313124~pagePK:2865066~piPK:2865079~theSitePK:313105,00.html