DISCLAIMER: None of the information I share on this site is my own. I simply try to collect the best rumors and information I feel applies to a given day’s news and information that I hear or read about the "New Iraqi Dinar". Those I do speak with, I trust. So, any personal phone calls that I share on the blog, I have reason to believe they are sincere in their intent, and I believe they are in some way connected to those who do know what is going on. As for myself, I am connected to no “source”, just to those who tell me they are. I will never reveal a “contact” of mine, or their “source” for the purpose of giving more grounds or proof of their claims. Just take everything as a rumor and allow it to reveal itself over time. I have no hidden agenda for posting what I deem to be worthy reading. I’m just trying to make this difficult ride easier to follow for my family, friends, acquaintances, and anyone they deem to share this site with. I wish you all the very best! I hope this ride will end soon. It has definitely taken its toll… – Dinar Daddy

Monday, January 25, 2010

BB&T (Branch Banking & Trust) OFFERS MULTI-CURRENCY ACCOUNTS

TIDBIT:
I found this information chat on Dinar Vets, and felt it was definitely worth sharing here on DDT's. Apparently, BB&T (a bank out of North Carolina) offers bank accounts for different currencies. I haven't done much research on them yet, so just take this information and do your own research. Here are some posts from DV that will help you with your own research on them. It seems promising.

URL: http://www.bbt.com/

klu33:
I read on bb&t's site that they offer these accounts and I emailed them about dinar and they said that they buy and sell dinar. Has anyone else looked into this?

Mdautomotive:
Ya I have my Dinar account with them

morrisw2:
BB&T stands for Branch Banking & Trust (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BB&T). They are based out of N.C. and were one of the smart banks that didn't collapse this past year. You can find them at http://www.bbt.com

Klu33:
Here is the email that was sent to me regarding the dinar in a bbt account.

We do sell/buy Iraqi Dinars. You do have to have an account with BB&Tand you would have to take the currency into the branch and they wouldbe able to help you. The currency is a collection item which means youwill not receive immediate credit. Please let us know if you have anymore questions.

Dancer:
I work in a BB&T building in Alabama stop and talk with the officer/manager of the bank on a regular basis. They house a lot of executives at this branch who by the way have invested in the dinar as well, and have been informed by the bank that there will not be a "bank" fee (just a fee for their currency vendor). Also, there will be no wait for it to be verified, it will immediately be deposited into your account (minus those fees for the currency vendor). The officer explained to me that they would not charge a fee because they were estactic to have our business and all our money (LOL).

ktking1968:
Foreign Exchange Deposit Account Printable Version Foreign Exchange Deposit Accounts are interest-bearing accounts that can be set up to contain most major foreign currencies. These accounts are structured to be similar in many ways to money market accounts. A Foreign Exchange Deposit Account can enable you to:Hold and pool foreign currency receivables for future needs. Take advantage of higher interest rates that may be available in other currencies. Gain better control over cash flows. Create a hedge vehicle to protect against currency fluctuations. Reduce the risk of exchange rate losses when paying and/or receiving denominated payments.Fixed-rate time deposits are also available upon request in many foreign currencies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

DD I have a fellow Marine friend who is in NC and is going to go into BBT and check this out. He is going to give me a full report back on what he found and I'll pass that along to you all.
GW

Dinar-Daddy said...

That would be wonderful GW. Thank you! I'll be looking for your comment. DD

Anonymous said...

I contacted two branches and BB&T International and all told me they DON'T DEAL IN DINAR! ...at least in Florida. BB&T International is their Corporate Division and they told me the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Did a lot of leg-work to confirm or dispel this post. Was unable to confirm at all, after several phone calls.

Dinar-Daddy said...

There you go... interesting! When asking, people need to ask about THE NEW IRAQI DINAR, not "the dinar". Kuwait is continually misinterpreted in such conversations.