DISCLAIMER: None of the information I share on this site is my own. I simply try to collect the best rumors and information I feel applies to a given day’s news and information that I hear or read about the "New Iraqi Dinar". Those I do speak with, I trust. So, any personal phone calls that I share on the blog, I have reason to believe they are sincere in their intent, and I believe they are in some way connected to those who do know what is going on. As for myself, I am connected to no “source”, just to those who tell me they are. I will never reveal a “contact” of mine, or their “source” for the purpose of giving more grounds or proof of their claims. Just take everything as a rumor and allow it to reveal itself over time. I have no hidden agenda for posting what I deem to be worthy reading. I’m just trying to make this difficult ride easier to follow for my family, friends, acquaintances, and anyone they deem to share this site with. I wish you all the very best! I hope this ride will end soon. It has definitely taken its toll… – Dinar Daddy

Thursday, December 24, 2009

WRIGHTTWICE POST - Dinar Vets

"I agree for the most part with xxxxxx on his assessment of the facts, rumors, "intel" and his SPECULATION (thanks for the definition xxxxxxxx!!...hope some "bashers" will read that) of the possible RV date.

Who am I? Just a good ole boy from Alabama trying to put some of the pieces of this dinar puzzle together. Why.....for fun!!! Not to become a "big dog" on these threads and not because I think I have the answer. Just for fun until the day the RV hits. Yes, I have invested also and so I am hoping for a good return.

I agree with xxxxxx that if the dinar RV is truly going to be announced in the near future it would be done at a time that benefits those who are currently in office and running for re-election. Would a politician actually use his current power in such a way as to try to create even more future power for himself? hmmmmm.

My SPECULATION is a possible RV happening between January 18, 2010 and the middle of February 2010. I say the middle of February for the same mindset as xxxxxx (that it would benefit M........re-election). And I say the 18th of January 2010 as the earliest for the following reason.

This is where I am asking for help, confirmation, debunking, etc from others with more insight than I have. I have read on various dinar forum sites that the IQD was "set" at an exchange rate of 1170:1 (IQD:USD) with the CBI on January 18, 2009 for a period of "one year". After which it could be revalued. This new value may or may not be set for another predetermined period of time.

I have tried to find evidence of this information but have not been able to track down information to either support or debunk this. And I am wondering who is actually in control of the RV. What I have been able to do is monitor the currency exchange sites for the past few months. This is what I have seen: While currency exchange sites such as fxtop and mataf have slightly fluctuated during this time, the CBI exchange rate has remained a steady 1170:1 IQD:USD without any variation. This is the one constant factor in the midst of many rumors that are flying around.

This is why I pick January 18, 2010 as the earliest date for the RV to occur. Can anyone add to this information/misinformation in an informative (and preferably friendly) manner???

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to amend my speculation based on new information I receive, such as an RV that happens sooner!!!!!! At which time I will gladly put both of my feet in my mouth (crusty toes and all), sit in a wheelchair and roll myself to the nearest participating bank.

As a side note, I will also be passing through Dubai in a few days on my way to Iraq. I hope to be able to speak with some more common, everyday Iraqi citizens to see what their mindset is on the entire situation. I don't expect any secret squirrel intel, rather just a first-hand impression of the pulse of the common people. If I come across anything interesting I will gladly post it if anybody is interested. I will be in Iraq for approximately one year ....or until the RV hits....whichever comes first. (I told my family I plan on being home soon)"

No comments: